Sisterhood is a multi-generational women’s group, over 500 members strong, with diverse interests, offering opportunities for learning, spiritual growth and volunteerism, while providing service to Har Zion, the Conservative Movement, and the community.
Spiritual and Intellectual Growth
- Adult Education Classes morning classes on various topics.
- Women’s Rosh Hodesh Study Group – Monthly meetings to discuss topics related to the holidays and themes of each month.
Service to the Synagogue
- Landau Gift Shop satisfy your gift-giving needs with discounted prices, beautiful gift wrap and exceptional service. Fully stocked Judaica, wine, gift packages, jewelry and designer serving pieces waiting for you.
- Annual Sisterhood Shabbat Weekend
- Weekly Kiddush and Flowers for Shabbat
- Floral Fund Cards beautifully designed cards suitable for honor and memorial
- Support for HSA and PTA and Madregot, our special needs program
- College Outreach Program sending out holiday packages five times a year to help our youth maintain their connection to Har Zion Temple and their Jewish identity.
- Gifts to B’nai Mitzvah and Confirmands
- Decorating the Maurice Kendall Sukkah transforming the Sukkah into a wonderful representation of this harvest holiday celebration.
- Opening Membership Luncheon
- Torah Fund Luncheon raising funds for The Jewish Theological Seminary and honoring a Sisterhood member who has made significant contributions to the group and the community.
- General Membership Meetings
- Open A Book, Open Your Mind – bringing famous authors to the HZ community
- Wine and Challah for Saunders House and Shabbat Services and Jewish Holiday celebrations at Inglis House