Commemorate… celebrate… honor… remember… thank… and sometimes “just because”…
All important reasons to perform the mitzvah of tzedakah. Your donation to any one of Har Zion’s funds helps support the vital work of Har Zion Temple. Your donation supports membership subsidies, religious school classes, and ongoing operations which allow us to serve the community. To make a contribution, please use the DonateNow link below to make a secure online donation or call us at 610-667-5000 (ext. 105) and ask for Gavi Miller, our Executive Director.
An endowment gift provides for the financial future and survival of the synagogue. Principle is invested and interest is used towards educational, ritual, and operational needs. There are several levels and recognition options available including:
- The Chai Simcha Tablet in the Main Foyer – Gifts of $800 or $1800. An opportunity to celebrate a mitzvah (wedding, baby naming, bar/bat mitzvah, special birthday or anniversary).
- Family Celebration and Memorial Endowments – Gifts of $2500 or more can create a family endowment which can be added to over time and benefit general synagogue programs.
- Scholarship Funds – No one is turned away from membership or education and giving to scholarship endowments ensures that this will always be the case.
- Semi-Restricted Endowment Gifts – Gifts between $25,000 and $49,000 can be designated by donors towards the areas of education, ritual, general synagogue or youth. Pledges can be paid over a 5-year period.
- Restricted Endowment Gifts – Gifts over $50,000 may be named in honor or memory of someone special and are recognized by a plaque on the front wall of the Main Foyer. The clergy, President or Executive Director can help match the donor’s interests with pressing needs.
Just as a family home requires repair and renovation over time, Har Zion requires the same loving care. Our hallways and classrooms are overflowing with young and adult learners, and our public spaces are utilized for family celebrations and special programs. Past capital gifts have brought new prayer books, improved the library and classrooms, and assisted with a new air conditioning system. A gift to the Development Fund ensures that we continue to look as good as we feel.
Capital Gifts can be made in any amount. Directed giving occurs at the $25,000 level and $50,000 level.
Please call our Executive Director at 610-667-5000 (ext. 105) and we will get in touch with you to discuss giving opportunities.
Ways To Give
Current Gifts provide you with a current income tax deduction. A gift of appreciated securities allows you to avoid paying capital gains taxes on your gain, provided the transfer is made directly to Har Zion Temple.
Future Gifts include a bequest in your will, naming Har Zion Temple as a beneficiary of your will, trust, retirement plan, IRA or insurance policy are examples of ways you can help secure Har Zion’s future.
Please contact our Executive Director at 610-667-5000 (ext. 105) for more information.