Har Zion Day Camp
Har Zion Day Camp, the "little kid camp with the big kid feel" is situated on 25 lush, rolling acres in Penn Valley, Pennsylvania. We offer the programs and facilities of a "big kid" camp with the safety and warmth of a camp created to meet the unique needs of your 2 to 6 year old. All of our activities and facilities, including our in-ground pool, are scaled to the size and capabilities of our campers, making the day camp experience well within their reach physically and emotionally. We offer excellent, air-conditioned facilities for both sunny and rainy day activities to ensure a well-rounded program throughout the summer. As a synagogue-based day camp, we give children a summer that is fun, enriching and allows them to develop a deepening sense of their Jewish identity.
- In-Ground Pool; Swimming Lessons
- Dynamic Sports Program including:
- And More!
- Tennis by Julian Krinsky Instructors
- Rock Climbing
- Lunch Provided Daily
- Excellent Staff to Camper Ratio
- Air Conditioned Facilities
- No Long Bus Rides
- Jewish Culture Program
- Horseback Riding
- Weekly Themes
- Moon Bounce and Inflatable Obstacle Course
- Hip Hop, Jazz, and Creative Movement
- Karate, Cooking, Drama, and Gymnastics
- Music, Arts and Crafts, Nature
- Kabbalat Shabbat Services
- Carnival, Family Fun Night, Special Events
As both Day Camp Director and Director of The Noreen Cook Center for Early Childhood Education of Har Zion Temple, I have the pleasure of watching many of our campers develop throughout the year.
I have implemented such programs as daily lunches, rock climbing, ponies and gymnastic to Har Zion Day Camp. I look forward to introducing many more innovative ideas and programs. My philosophy for camp is to create a warm, caring, fun experience for children- in a safe, nurturing environment.